Thursday, November 7, 2013

The day I felt off a plane, then ate in another

Bye Bye Rotorua, direction : Wai-O-Tapu, a colorful geothermal park, smelling the sulfur (i.e. rotten egg) even more than Rotorua... The sun isn't there, but it's nevertheless fascinating to see all these colors...






In real, you think that a barrel of Yellow Stabilo ink felt in the water
This park also have a "human activated" geyser: at 10:15 everyday, a guy pours something in the geyser hole (by default only smoke is going out) and 3 minutes later, the geyser is out... (it looks like the volcano experiment for 12 years old)... it was to "Disney World" for me, but it still gives a nice picture...

Next stop, Taupo, for tandem skydiving... They of courses didn't want me to bring my own Go Pro, but preferred to sell instead their overly priced picture/movie package... so for now you will only get this picutre, I will see if I can fetch other material from their youtube channel in few days.

The freefall was awesome, and despite the staff advice to go for the 15 000 ft jump as a first one ("you know, when you freefall, the brain just shutdowns for few seconds before getting used to it, so the higher you jump, the longer you get a concious experience and enjoy it"), I enjoyed it from the first millisecond (I guess that the time I've spent on video games on parachute somehow helped me lol).
When the canopy opened, I was like living on Google Earth... amazing :-) The guy asked me if I'd be ok for some spirals... I said yes... wrong answer... I felt really dizzy after landing, and I had to stop for a 1h nap under a tree to recover :D

It was 15h, and time to eat, when my eye catched something unusual : a DC-3 over a McDonald's... so that would be my lunch (you can actually eat inside)


I've ended the day by a visit to Huka Falls (Huka means foams in Mauri, due to the power of the waterfall)

Then a nice dinner in front of the Taupo Lake

More pictures can of course be found here



No comments:

Post a Comment